Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day!


“The only man a girl can depend on is her daddy.” – I’ve always loved that line from the movie Grease. Maybe that’s because I do have a special relationship with my father. Oh yes… I’m a daddy’s girl. Apparently from the beginning as the way I’ve been told it, when I was born I came out just screaming my little overgrown (I was a large baby – my poor mother!) head off. That is until they set in my daddy’s arms. Then I apparently nestled right down. He likes to tease and say I was sucking up to him from the beginning. I’ve always been fortunate though to have a close relationship with my dad. He’s a truly wonderful father and I truly appreciate all he has and does for me and my older brothers.

Speaking of my brothers, the two oldest (of the three) are daddies as well. I cannot even begin to express how proud I am of my two oldest brothers and their fathering abilities. I love being an Aunt and I’m so blessed to have between them, two of my nieces and four of my nephews. It baffles my auntie brain sometimes though when I see just how fast their children are growing up. I swear I feel like every time I turn around they are another year or two older. LOL! My oldest brother’s only daughter graduated high school this year. My other brother’s five are not too far behind to start that cycle. I am definitely a proud aunt and more than that, I am a very proud sister of my brothers.

Now in close, I do want to wish a very Happy Father’s Day to all of the wonderful daddies out there!

--XOXO, Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment